Advising Central @ UD
Academic Advisor Directory
Academic advising is an important part of your undergraduate experience! You’re encouraged to connect with your advisor each semester as you work towards graduation. In order to have a successful experience, students are encouraged to be aware of advisee/advisor responsibilities.
- Clarify your personal values, interests, abilities and goals
- Schedule an advising appointment when needed noting that prior/during registration time periods are exceptionally busy times for advisors
- Read the university catalog carefully; become knowledgeable, and adhere to all academic policies, procedures, and degree requirements
- Review your UDSIS degree audit which assists you in monitoring your academic progress but does not serve in place of meeting with your advisor
- Prepare for advisement sessions and bring appropriate information and materials
- Follow through on recommendations, referrals and tasks discussed during advising appts.
- Accept ultimate responsibility for your academic decisions and actions
- Mentor you; Help you develop educational and career goals
- Assist you in planning an academic program consistent with your interests and abilities
- Assist you with monitoring your academic progress
- Be aware of important academic policies, procedures and requirements
- Inform you of academic opportunities and refer you to support services, when appropriate
- Discuss career and internship opportunities related to your academic program